• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need to find a motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Are there even any DDR2 AGP boards on the market?

AGP was being phased out at least a couple years before DDR2 boards were becoming mainstream... if my memory serves me correctly.

Why do you absolutely need AGP? My opinion is that you are going to be limiting yourself for upgrades in the future, if not making yourself obsolete. AGP is pretty much dead, my friend.

Surfrider77 said:
Are there even any DDR2 AGP boards on the market?

AGP was being phased out at least a couple years before DDR2 boards were becoming mainstream... if my memory serves me correctly.

Why do you absolutely need AGP? My opinion is that you are going to be limiting yourself for upgrades in the future, if not making yourself obsolete. AGP is pretty much dead, my friend.

wise words...agp is outdated

I don't see anything wrong with wanting s775 w/AGP. Yes, it would limit your upgrade path, but it's cheap performance at an affordable price. :)

Now, I'm not up to speed and some of the new terms floating around like "Dual-VSTA", but if you are still interested in 'transition boards', there is the ECS P4M800Pro-M which supports core2 (may need bios update), ddr1 or ddr2 (can use one or the other, but not both at the same time and I hear that there is an issue with running 2gb ram with either type, so you may want to stick to a gb of ram or less to avoid any issues), and has onboard just about everything, with an 8x agp slot for after market cards. The ECS board has very limited oc ability (at least that I've read, haven't had much time to mess around with the ECS board I've had running for a while to see what excatly happens).

There is also the Asrock 775i65G, which was recommended to me in the SETI forum (thanks muddocktor), which supports dual core upto Presler, but doesn't look like it will run core2 (someone advise if this is not the case, b/c if it will use conroe 6x00 series, then I'm getting a couple of these mobo's), runs ddr1 only upto 400mhz, and has 8x agp. Looks like this would be a decent oc board, and according to the specs, offers a locking AGP/PCI bus! The Asrock board can still be found at mwave.com (the ECS can be found at Newegg, or check the classies here, b/c they do come up quite frequently :) ).

Retail price for either board is about $60.

Anyway, hope this helps, and perhaps some one can tell me what "Dual-VSTA" is, that would be great b/c I'm too tired to look it up atm.

'night all (or is that 'mornin :D )!

*edit* After re-reading the first post, the Asrock board may not be what you are looking for b/c you requested ddr2. Ah well, I tried. :) *eoe*

Vulcanman Rozal is not looking for the Dual-vista(In your link), Rozal I know I've never seen anything else but the Dual-vsta that supports AGP and DDR2.

I was looking all over for a PCI-e board that supported DDr1 and never found one of those either. I do like the Asrock dual-vsta in my sig tho.

Sorrry no help.

Back