• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B DLX + E4300 List of Problems. N00b needs help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumking

Registered
Ok here are the specs...

P5b Dlx flashed with 0910 bios.
e4300
2x1GB gskill HK
2xHitachi SATA2 160 GB

1.) Do the mem sticks go in ch. A1 and A2 or channel A1 and B1?

2.) Installed winXP on one hard drive using the IDE configuration in BIOS. How do i get my SATA drives to perform as SATA drives and not IDE? WHat changes do I make?

3) Overclocking - I cannot make ANY adjustment to BIOS involving ocing. If I do I end up having to reset CMOS. EVen stock, my system boots up at x6 multiplier instead of default of x9. Its driving me nuts.

I know there is a slew of information out there but it is so unorganized that it drives me nuts. If any of you guys have any anwers to help me out, I would be greatly appreciative.

1) match two color slot and you will get dual channel.

2) Dont understand your question.

3) Post some pictures of your bios setting would help. You prob need to disable some features on the board first because overclocking.

*update*

reason for no overclock was mem was put in dimms that made it single channel. moved sticks to a1 and b1 and oc/ed fine to 266x9.

everything else is fixed, now to start the overclocking adventure.

Back