• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing memory timings on a GA-965G-DS3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

legionaire45

How exactly do I change the timings on this board? Im using the F7 bios.

on a side note, I just set my chip to 342x7 for 2.4 Ghz on my E6300, and after I exited and saved it wouldn't boot. I had to hold down the power button and start it back up, which reset my bios. Is this normal?

sorry for the double post, but is seems my Board is limiting my OC =/. I cant go above 340 FSB because the SATA chipset seems to stop working at that point -/. I tried putting my DVD and HDD on the onboard Gigabyte chipset but Windows crashes half-way through startup when I have it on that. meh, I either need a new board or a CPU with a better multi =/.

update your bios to F9. The earlier bios's had some stability issues. To access the ram timings go to the main bios menu and hit ctrl+f1. Now when you go into MIT youll see the ram timings at the bottom. Not sure why theyre hidden like that.

I have the 965G board and I don't think there is a newer bios for it, at least when I check earlier I didn't see it.

I had the 965G before the 965P, and to be honest you've gotten a VERY good overclock on it. Google other results, and you'll see you've done well.

My G could only hit ~290fsb before my SATA drives disappeared. It seems that the onboard graphics, even if you're not using it, limits the fsb.

Back