• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ds3 ver 3.3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just got one the other day. I have yet to overclock it but it seems very stable so far.

I'm running an E6400, 2x512 5-5-5-18-2T PC6400 and X1950GT card.

There must be a good guide on the internet somewhere.

Last edited:
I have it, and I'm sitting at 366x9 rock stable at ~1.42 volts. It commonly hits over 500 fsb with the e6x00 series, but so far it looks like ~370 is the wall for e4300's.

It's picky about ram, but other than buying a pair it doesn't like, it's been great.

The corresponding new rev DQ9 was doing like 520+ Mhz FSB in one review I saw, I understood that the DS3 tended to be a little faster than the DQ9, so this should be one of the highest clocking boards out there.

Well Thats good news. Mine will be here Friday. But I got to get a pci-e card :bang head . I am waiting for the 8800 gts to go down a bit or I will get a 8900 gs in the second quarter.I got patriot 667 ram.I hope that board will accept it. 1.8 volts.

I have had:
Asus P5B Deluxe
Biostar TForce 965PT
Gigabyte 965P-DS3 rev.3.3

IMO, Gigabyte 965P-DS3 rev.3.3 seems the best just because it:
+ support my OCZ Gold PC-5400 while the other 2 doesn't.
+ maxed out the OCZ Gold PC-5400 RAM on my 1st try lol (+0.1V everything and got 441FSB max)

But stability and quietness (after around 5 hours of tweaking),
It is running at:
Vdimm = +0.1V
vPCI-E = +0.1V
vMCH = +0.2V
Vfsb = +0.2V
Vcore = 1.35V

RAM timings:
5-5-5-15 3-11-5-42-5

CPU:
E6300

Heatsink:
ThermalRight Ultra-120 with Antec case fan at "low" speed setting

Misc. note:
+ I used AS5 on the chipset heatsinks instead of their default thermalpads.
+ I placed a 50mm fan over the NB heatsink.
+ I have C1E and EIST enabled to save electricity. :)

Mine's great. have my e6300 at 7x443 3101ghz , my 667 ram at 886mhz. vcore 1.35 . Running bios F10, it came with F9. Only difference I see is F10 has 2 options for memory stability over 1000mhz

gigabit said:
I think the egg is shipping rev 2.0's atm.I wish people would list that stuff in the reviews.
I doubt it as I got a 3.3 from them two weeks ago.

376MHz/3GHz, E6400 Allendale BIOS vcore 1.4, Gskill PC6400 1:1 ratio @ 5-5-5-18. Orthos stable on stock Intel cooler.

I'm not going to push it any harder as it's not my computer but it looks like there is still lots of headroom left.

Last edited:
I wish i had known that i could of ordered everything from 1 place. Oh well.
Is that E6400 a SL9T9?

Man i know one thing the DS3 northbridge gets so hot you cant hold your finger on it for more than a few seconds.Right now i have a 70mm fan wedged between my video card and H/S blowing 50cfm on it just to keep it cool

Edited: i just talked to my buddy he said he just got a gen 2.0 not a rev 2.0 from newegg. He's not sure if its a rev 3.3.But if its a gen 2.0 it has to be a rev3.3 right?

Last edited:
I am new to this forum and PC building. I had a friend help me with build.

That being said. I purchased my board from newegg. Recieved it on 3/01...it was a rev 3.3 board.

The only problem we had was at start up the power would not come all the way up fan was going off and on, on the power supply. We moved ram to slots 2 and 4 also reset bios with jumper a couple of times and it fired up. Wasn't to bad but I had some help.

gigabit said:
I wish i had known that i could of ordered everything from 1 place. Oh well.
Is that E6400 a SL9T9?

Man i know one thing the DS3 northbridge gets so hot you cant hold your finger on it for more than a few seconds.Right now i have a 70mm fan wedged between my video card and H/S blowing 50cfm on it just to keep it cool

Edited: i just talked to my buddy he said he just got a gen 2.0 not a rev 2.0 from newegg. He's not sure if its a rev 3.3.But if its a gen 2.0 it has to be a rev3.3 right?
No it's an Allendale built with 2MB L2 cache and not a Conroe with 2MB of its 4MB cache disabled.

I don't know anything about a gen 2 but only that it says v3.3 on the box. Have your buddy read his box and report back to you.

BTW v3.3 will support quad chips :D

Edit: Wow you aren't kidding about that MCH/Northbridge. I started having problems rebooting XP without the BIOS settings reverting back to stock after a hang during post. I touched it and it was too hot. That sure is a lame looking HS. I'll have to look into getting a heatpipe on there unless it's glued down with epoxy. I've backed down to 2.66/333 for now.

Last edited:
NewEgg

NewEgg apparently will ship a few 3.3 and then when the word gets out they will absorb a flush of orders by filling them with older stuff. I saw two or three different forum posts the effect that 3.3 was shipping from NewEgg and then when a reviewer on New Egg reported the same I ordered a DQ6. I received a rev 2.0. RMAed it and ordered from Clubit which I didn't know about until I read about it during a search for other supliers I could trust. Lo and behold ClubIt listed the rev# in the description. Their price was almost exactly the same and they shipped just as fast. I experienced this samething about a year ago so this time I waited a little longer to allow stock to flush but I am still out a restocking fee, over $30.

Eventually the old stuff is cleared out and most everybody is happy. They can rely on the fact than most customers don't know the difference. But why should anyone have any loyalty to NewEgg? They will screw you when they think they can. New Egg was so good in many other respects that I would never have bothered to look around until realized their game.

I saw his box and its the same as mine..Up in the corner it says about the FSB1333 and then right under were it say's 965P-DS3 it has a sticker that says GEN 2.0.By the way i got mine from Club it and he got his from Newegg

And SL9T9 is the Allendale core.Thats what i have thats why i asked you if it was a SL9T9 they are the native allendale core's?

http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SL9T9

gigabit said:
I saw his box and its the same as mine..Up in the corner it says about the FSB1333 and then right under were it say's 965P-DS3 it has a sticker that says GEN 2.0.By the way i got mine from Club it and he got his from Newegg

And SL9T9 is the Allendale core.Thats what i have thats why i asked you if it was a SL9T9 they are the native allendale core's?

http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SL9T9
Mine says 2.0 also but if you look on corner of board near pni slot it will say rev#.

Back