• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista business DVD playback, error C00D116A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TerraPhantm

Hey, I have Vista Business Edition, and every time I try to play a DVD with WMP, I get error code C00D116A, which states "Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. You might need to adjust your Windows display settings. Open display settings in Control Panel, and then try lowering your screen resolution and color quality settings."

I've tried reducing my resolution and color quality, as well as downloading several DVD codecs, but I always get the same message. TIA for the help!

do you have a 3rd party dvd player installed, by default media player does not play DVD's alone. Or did they add that in vista?

does it work with another dvd player?

Well Vista Home Premium and Vista Ultimate editions have a codec built in, but I'm running the business edition. I did install a codec, and I tried multiple, including the Vista Codec Pack, and the nVidia purevideo dvd decoder. DVDs do play in WinDVD and PowerDVD, but I would really like to be able to play 'em in WMP like I was able to in XP Pro.

Well since I'm running the business edition, I don't have WMC, but the nVidia purevideo decoder isn't working for me in WMP either. Everything works in their native programs, but I can't get DVDs to play in WMP like I was able to in XP.

Last edited:
Because I'd rather not pay for the full version of those programs when normally WMP and a free decoder would do.

hii. i had exactly the same problem!
im running vista home basic and i have a nvidia geforce 8500GT for my video card. same thing was happening to me with the stuff about changing resolution of the screen. nothing worked. i downloaded the DivX pack and opened it with that and it worked fine :) i am currently looking for a different program to use now because i dont really like the format of the DivX player. hope that helped?

Back