• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it posible to play divx on media centre?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drinkyoghurt

hey guys,

i use vista ultimate for the mediacentre right now only, but it wont play divx. i have the codec installed but when i want to play a divx movie it just shuts off the program.

is there a way to view divx on mediacentre?

Something in your install is broken then...I play DivX perfectly fine. You could try a different codec for playback - XviD or FFDSHOW work very well. Just make sure you uninstall DivX or remove the precedence over the other codecs.

Are they *.avi files or *.divx files? If you have the correct divx codec installed you should be able to call them avi files....which should play just fine in windows.

Bios24 said:
Are they *.avi files or *.divx files? If you have the correct divx codec installed you should be able to call them avi files....which should play just fine in windows.

Forgot about that. I actually rename all my .divx extensions to .avi. However, his are showing up in Media Center, so should already be associated with a player. Might still force a different codec to be used by renaming though.

Back