• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AW9D-MAX restart issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NickCib01

Registered
I need help! everytime i turn off my pc or restart it it gets an error code (6f) i beleive. In the manual it sauys floppy drive error or floppy drive controllor. I do not have a floppy and have it all turned off in the bios (bios 13) Any ideas how to make it stop??? i have to clear cmos then run defaults to get it to start up properly.......

abit aw9d-max
[email protected]
bfg 8800gts
2x36g raptors
1x500g
samsung sata burner
ultra 650w psu.

any ohter info needed let me know
thx in advance!!!!

NickCib01 said:
I need help! everytime i turn off my pc or restart it it gets an error code (6f) i beleive. In the manual it sauys floppy drive error or floppy drive controllor. I do not have a floppy and have it all turned off in the bios (bios 13) Any ideas how to make it stop??? i have to clear cmos then run defaults to get it to start up properly.......

abit aw9d-max
[email protected]
bfg 8800gts
2x36g raptors
1x500g
samsung sata burner
ultra 650w psu.

any ohter info needed let me know
thx in advance!!!!

Have you reset the CMOS? Always the first thing to try.

Hi Nick,

Is there any way the battery is dead on the mobo and your BIOS settings are not being saved? On my new build, I decided before I built it not to have a floppy drive. Like you, I disabled the floppy disc controller from within the BIOS. How new is your build and which OS are you running?

Richie

Richie13 said:
Hi Nick,

Is there any way the battery is dead on the mobo and your BIOS settings are not being saved? On my new build, I decided before I built it not to have a floppy drive. Like you, I disabled the floppy disc controller from within the BIOS. How new is your build and which OS are you running?

Richie

Win xp and i just bought the cpu/mem/mobo abuopt 3 months ago

Ok heres what i did...if i reset cmos it would be fine but if i edited any setting at all in bios when it restarted it would freeze up on the 6e or whatever code...so i reset bios and put halt on NO errors and its fine. its only a fdd control error and i dont have a floppy and my pc is working great. Other than that no problems thanks for the help though guys it was much appreciated:beer:

NickCib01 said:
Win xp and i just bought the cpu/mem/mobo abuopt 3 months ago

Ok heres what i did...if i reset cmos it would be fine but if i edited any setting at all in bios when it restarted it would freeze up on the 6e or whatever code...so i reset bios and put halt on NO errors and its fine. its only a fdd control error and i dont have a floppy and my pc is working great. Other than that no problems thanks for the help though guys it was much appreciated:beer:

Could you try another battery just for fun?:beer:

Sounds like the settings are getting corrupted...

Please do hold me to this...but if I recall some ppl on bios 12 had an issue with setting not being saved.
And bios 13 fixed that (I think)
Soooo what bios are you on ?

By the way with a nice set up like that, why are you running at stock speed, we are just going to have to do something about that.

Deanzo said:
Please do hold me to this...but if I recall some ppl on bios 12 had an issue with setting not being saved.
And bios 13 fixed that (I think)
Soooo what bios are you on ?

By the way with a nice set up like that, why are you running at stock speed, we are just going to have to do something about that.

I have gotten it to 3.6 no problem...but everytime i oc now it crqaps out on me...it still is messing up...with error code 2a and i dont know why..i think i have bios 13 not sure ..How do i check with oput restarting..i dont want to have to redo cmos....it doesent lose my settings it just has a floppy driver errorf or an 2a error and thats not in the book...but 2a comes up my fan on my 8800gts turns on...i need help :(

One way with out restarting would be to run (but dont install anything) flashmenu.

Im sure you will have uGuru installed, if you look in the same folder in you start menu you should all so see blackbox and flashmenu.
Should be the last two numbers after bios version. I'd show you mine but as Im running 13A11 it reads it as 00

Another way is with CPU-Z under the motherboard tab. the date will all so give it away on that same page.

If your not sure post back your findings, and I'll tell you what one it is.

Edit: All so if you have never updated your bios and you got your board before 12/12/06 then you will be on 12 or older.
Bios 11 (First release) 24/08/06
Bios 12 15/09/06
Bios 13 12/12/06
Bios 13A11 19/12/06 :)

Last edited:
Deanzo said:
One way with out restarting would be to run (but dont install anything) flashmenu.

Im sure you will have uGuru installed, if you look in the same folder in you start menu you should all so see blackbox and flashmenu.
Should be the last two numbers after bios version. I'd show you mine but as Im running 13A11 it reads it as 00

Another way is with CPU-Z under the motherboard tab. the date will all so give it away on that same page.

If your not sure post back your findings, and I'll tell you what one it is.

Edit: All so if you have never updated your bios and you got your board before 12/12/06 then you will be on 12 or older.
Bios 11 (First release) 24/08/06
Bios 12 15/09/06
Bios 13 12/12/06
Bios 13A11 19/12/06 :)

i just got the new bios the one with the 1333...i havent had a problem since..im assuming that when i flashed it last time it maybe had an error...but since im back up to 3.0ghz on fan (took off the water cooling kit since im worried it would leak..lol) and its running great...Thx for the help guys!

Hi Nick,

Glad to hear things are working great. It's amazing how system configuration can affect functionality. This new system I recently built has been amazing. From the few seconds it takes to boot, to having a very mild OC of 326 FSB (2.93gHZ) and has worked flawlessly. But I've also read about how others have terrible speed problems and many system errors. I still have my Win XP Pro computer on my network. Sometimes I have to start it up to grab something off the HD. I can't believe how slow it is and how long it takes to do anything. I'll never go back to XP, that's for sure.

Anyway, glad you're issues worked out and please let us know if they return.

Richie

Back