• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ds3 rev3.3 mosfets

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spawne32

Do the mosfets need any heatinks or cooling at all for overclocking or do they usually handle pretty good.

I've never had stability issues running 366fsb without active cooling, but I've got a 120mm fan blowing across the upper half of the board just for good measure. The NB gets REALLY hot on this board, so I'd actively cool at least that.

brickout said:
I've never had stability issues running 366fsb without active cooling, but I've got a 120mm fan blowing across the upper half of the board just for good measure. The NB gets REALLY hot on this board, so I'd actively cool at least that.

Brickout how did you mount that fan I think I will do that also when I set my system up:D . or are you taking about a fan in your case.

It's a fan in my case. I have a Scythe Ninja, and I rigged up a mounting system off the Ninja to hold a fan at an angle to the board.

well problem is im gona be running watercooling, so there aint gona be a fantastic amount of air blowing thru my case cus im going for silent, So if i was gona cool those...what would i use.

My whole system is built for silence. I'm using an Antec Tricool at medium speed, but it's at 7v as well. As near to silent as these ears can hear.

brickout said:
It's a fan in my case. I have a Scythe Ninja, and I rigged up a mounting system off the Ninja to hold a fan at an angle to the board.
Do you got a pic of this? I am looking at getting this same mobo, but the comments on the NB getting warm are making me hesitate.

No, I don't have a picture, sorry. I just sold my old digicam last week and haven't gotten a new one. It's basically just mounted by 3 corners with twist ties to various things in my case. Not the best solution, but it works fine for me.

And don't worry about the NB getting warm. Yeah, it gets warm, but like I said, I didn't have stability problems without active cooling. It doesn't overheat, but I make sure to always point fans at stuff that gets hot!

Back