• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Query: Asus M2N-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xenithon

Hi all. I am getting an Asus M2N-E motherboard. I will not be overclocking so everything will be run stock. I want to get 2x1GB sticks and just wanted to check if you guys foresee any compatibility issues, or if anyone has used the following: M2N-E with 2 sticks of Kingston ValueRam DDR2667 1GB.

Thanks and cheers,
X

I can't help with that specific RAM, but I can confirm that my Super-Talent (see sig) works great.

Sadly, the M2N-E is not a good mobo in regards to RAM, I went through two sets (a DDR1000 version of this ram, and a DDR800 C4 set) before finding one that worked. Strangely, the C5 I have runs at C4 timings if I set it to DDR800...

Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I hope the Kingston does the trick. BTW I see you run BIOS 0602 - has that been the most stable one? I have read they had some issues with the BIOS revisions too.

Oh and one more question: for a non-RAID setup, do you know if you need to F6 floppy the drivers to install XP?

Last edited:
Back