• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant get s3 to 400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GuitsBoy

Registered
Any suggestions on getting my ga-965p-s3 up to and past 401? Im stable at 366 x 9, so i figured 400 x 8 wouldnt be a stretch at all, but it wont post.

do a google search on the e4300 fsb wall.

your issue is very common, and i have the same one. I can sit at 366x9 all day, but nothing over fsb 370 will boot. a few people have gotten past it, but i don't know the fix. you might want to try the 1333 mod since you can handle 333 easily, see if that gives you headroom.

brickout said:
do a google search on the e4300 fsb wall.

your issue is very common, and i have the same one. I can sit at 366x9 all day, but nothing over fsb 370 will boot. a few people have gotten past it, but i don't know the fix. you might want to try the 1333 mod since you can handle 333 easily, see if that gives you headroom.

Same thing... Nothing over 370 will post. I searched around, but it seems like different people hit the wall at different speeds. No real good data. Ive tried manually setting everything I can think of, and still no dice.

yeah, i've pretty much given up. 366x9 is fine for me. i may get around to trying the 1333 mod, but i dunno, not until i have some time on my hands.

good luck

Yeah I've had to settle on 363 x 9 for 24/7 use with my e4300 + DS3 (1.425v.) Overall this was a kinda disappointing build for me. I actually would of been quite happy with the clock speed if I had to work for it but instead I feel like my chip was progressing nicely and then suddenly someone dropped a ton of bricks on it. Probably gonna pull my ninja from the rig as its not being used to its potential.

Wish I could offer something to help you in your quest but fighting with mine drained me fresh out of ideas.

Alexhk said:
Yeah I've had to settle on 363 x 9 for 24/7 use with my e4300 + DS3 (1.425v.) Overall this was a kinda disappointing build for me. I actually would of been quite happy with the clock speed if I had to work for it but instead I feel like my chip was progressing nicely and then suddenly someone dropped a ton of bricks on it.

Thats exactly how I feel... Maybe a future bios update will fix this, but I wont hold my breath. For now Ill just work on lowering the voltage and tweaking my ram.

same here, it was like hitting a brick wall at full speed. mine will sit at 366x9 at 1.425 as well, and then nothing! oh well...still quite fast.

You guys have 1.425 V in the bios? Im having trouble getting my Vcore that low. Seems like I need atleast 1.475 and even that failed after a few hours of orthos.

Back