• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MS FrontPage question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grs

I've never used FrontPage before.
I was wondering how I go about putting a password on a page to access it. I did find a guide in the FrontPage help section that covered making user accounts, said something about needing Unix to run it thought so I didn't try it.

Where is your website going to be hosted? Some hosts will have tools to make doing just that a lot easer as in just typing in some information. Look into .htaccess it does exactly what you want but I think it only works on a linux server.

grs said:
I've never used FrontPage before.
I was wondering how I go about putting a password on a page to access it. I did find a guide in the FrontPage help section that covered making user accounts, said something about needing Unix to run it thought so I didn't try it.

Hop on over to your hosting providers website, and see if you can make a subdomain or directory that you can protect with a password.

If you can, the user would enter the URL of the site in they're browser and be prompted for user name / password in a small window or something of that effect. Thats how it's working for me on Dreamhost.

~ Gos

Back