• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I set my P5B Deluxe/E6400 to use 1T command rate?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jivetrky

CPUz says I'm running at 2T. I was playing around a little bit with overclocking last night (just casual) but I couldn't find the command rate settings anywhere in the BIOS (1004).

I'm new to Intel, so perhaps I don't know that you can't adjust the command rate with new Intel platforms?

yeah 2t is default and as far as I know there's no windows progrm alternative.

The nvidia chipset allow it though I beleive, like the 680i, if it wasnt such a ram killer I would try it.

Good to know, thanks.

So far I'm at 3.2Ghz @ 1.35 in BIOS (40c idle/48c Orthos loaded, according to TAT)

But that was just a quick and dirty setting. I bought this chip from massraptor and he said it was running at 3.2 @ somewhere around 1.3 ish (don't recall exactly). So i just set it there to see how things went. When i get more time I'll actually sit down with this thing for a few hours and stretch it's legs a bit. I was amazed at the speed it had just at stock, and at 3.2Ghz it's just that much more impressive. Eventually, when I get bored, I'll try to refine the OC a bit :) Although I must remember that I still don't have a good PSU, so I don't want to push things too much. Still, this cheapo PSU has shown perfectly stable rails on loads. I bought it to hold me over until I saw a good review on the new Silverstone OP650. (Good as in thorough, like jonnyguru)

Just wish a had a better vid card so I could play Oblivion :(

For some odd reason my memory sets itself to 1T on that board, but only within 20mHz of rated speed. This is according to the memory tab of CPU-Z.

I have tried to get my 3.6 gHz CPU speed at 450x8, and the memory goes to 2T, and SuperPi times are actually .1 slower.

I can also loosen timings to 5-5-5-15(it changes again to 2T), and run it at 500 mHz, and get about the same SuperPi times as 4-4-4-10 1T@400mHz.

I can keep the 1T to 410FSB, but I don't like the voltage and temps necessary for the 3.7 CPU speed, and it only gets about .5 SuperPi faster. Just not worth the worry.

68Injunhed said:
For some odd reason my memory sets itself to 1T on that board, but only within 20mHz of rated speed. This is according to the memory tab of CPU-Z.

I have tried to get my 3.6 gHz CPU speed at 450x8, and the memory goes to 2T, and SuperPi times are actually .1 slower.

I can also loosen timings to 5-5-5-15(it changes again to 2T), and run it at 500 mHz, and get about the same SuperPi times as 4-4-4-10 1T@400mHz.

I can keep the 1T to 410FSB, but I don't like the voltage and temps necessary for the 3.7 CPU speed, and it only gets about .5 SuperPi faster. Just not worth the worry.

I wonder if that is a memory SPD setting then. Perhaps I could rewrite my SPD and set it to do 1T.

Although it's probably not that big of a deal. :shrug:

there are very few mbs that run a conroe with a T1 command rate.... The 680i is one of the few that can do it.

You should notice a more responsive PC using T1 times (but how much more responisive is debatable)

I would try times like 3.3.3.10 if you cant get a T1 out of your memory.

Back