• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar T965

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rattle

Using this board for a couple builds.
Freaking cant figure out how to shut off intel speedtstep for the life of me in the bios. Also with a 4300 how can I get a 1:1 ratio? Board shipped with bios from 5 months ago and biostars site has no updates, anyone know where to get a new bios ?

I am still not having any luck getting speedstep to shut off, I used the newest mod bios, funny thing is the 6 multi is always active if I have windows set to home/ office desk, when I launch orthos it still stays at 1200mhz lmao, if I put it on portable/laptop then the multi switches to 9 when i launch orthos.

No luck getting 1:1 on a 4300 either, so far this mobo sucks and is not worth the savings.

are you using this bios: P96CA119rh2? I'm still back on P96ca103rh but I have 0 problems with speed step. I'll have to double check all of my settings in windows too when i get home.

P96CA119rh2

thats the one I flashed.

any help would be appreciated, its no big deal it works it just It bother me lol. and the 200/266 thing sucks with a e4300 loosing OC cuz of it, no matter what I do I cant get mem to be 1:1 with cpu freq so at 200 I am already at 266 on the mem, when I boot at 250x9 my mem is already at 333 :(

The P96CA119rh2 bios should allow you to run 1:1 with an e4300. Have you tried a cmos clear?

As far as speed step, you do have all the cpu features (except maybe virtualization) disabled, right?

Catch me on skype sometime maybe.

advanced bios options > cpu features

all should be disabled. Virtualization included as i am pretty sure no conroes have virtualization. And make sure Spread Spectrum is disabled too.

I haven't gotten to check my xp settings yet, but I think i generally leave mine on Home/Home office

Back