• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3DMark2006 question...IE how to install in Vista...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ntgeek

Registered
I installed it but it won't run because I said no to DX9 install. If I install DX9, won't that nuke my Vista?

ntguru

Odd cause i have dx10 installed on my laptop, and am running a 7600go card (obviously its running dx9)... and 3dmark06 gave me no issues running.

stang8118 said:
Odd cause i have dx10 installed on my laptop, and am running a 7600go card (obviously its running dx9)... and 3dmark06 gave me no issues running.

Perhaps your laptop came preinstalled with DX9 ?

But yeah...I had the same issue with 3DMark06 in Vista...just installed the latest DX9 and all was well!

jivetrky said:
Perhaps your laptop came preinstalled with DX9 ?

But yeah...I had the same issue with 3DMark06 in Vista...just installed the latest DX9 and all was well!

Nah it came preinstalled with dx10. Here is a link to my 3dmark06 score. It shows as dx10...

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=1239706

3dmark06 is the only bench program that'll run on Vista so far i think, 03/05 wouldn't let me run it.

Back