• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Copy Floppy Image to USB Image

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogelah

Registered
I created the ICH8R and the JMB36X floppies in order to have drivers to install at the screen that permits loading drivers in the Vista 64 installation. I do not have a floppy on the new PC but I do have USBs. I need a copy program to copy the image from the floppy to an image on the USB Flash Floppy.

Does anyone know of something I can use on a Vista 32 opsys?

PS I found a program on the ASUS Support CD-ROM called USBCopy2 but don't know what it does.

Are you trying to install raid ? if so, go to intel's website and find the driver for it. not sure if it is compatible with vista.

bail_w said:
Are you trying to install raid ? if so, go to intel's website and find the driver for it. not sure if it is compatible with vista.
I am trying to install RAID. However, when Vista asks a question "Load driver" you can tell it to look for them on a CDROM, on USB or floppy. The new PC doesn't have a floppy but does have USB. I have the drivers on a floppy that I downloaded using another system I have. I am looking for a way to get them from floppy to USB in the correct image.

The driver on the Intel web site does indeed state that it supports both 32-bit and 64-bit Vista.

A combination of stupidity and can't see beyond the end of my nose kept me from placing the floppies on USB Flash.

It amounted to how I was formating the USB Flash. I was formating it with 512 blocks and I should have just set it to default. I was then able to do a simple copy to the USBs and got the Vista install to recognize them.

Now all I have to do is move the SATA DVD from ICH8R to JMicron.

Back