• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What programs can you run with vista?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Speedfan, AVG, Eraser 5.7, Everest Home Edition and Winfast TV 2000 so far. Statup CPL is a no go so far.
I did get startup cpl to install after all. I had to resize Vista partition and format the rest as storage. I added a folder for it and downloaded to that location and it installed fine.

Last edited:
Just got done installing ultimate and this post makes me LMAO also. *goes to do more driver research*:beer:

So far everything works for me :)

I had a bit of a panic though, I forgot to check out and make sure that printer drivers were available for my printer.

I checked Epsons website after the install and couldnt find any, but anyway to cut a long boring story short vista automatically installed my printer for me as drivers are built it, ha ha have a drink on me :beer: :drool:

toy4x4 said:
This is the same for me.

Oh and to clarify, I switched to x64 Vista. I have everything working driver wise. Only thing I'm missing at this point other than nVidia drivers is support for my Logitech G15 keyboard.

I've installed and played many of the current games including Supreme Commander and R6 Vegas even with nVidia's crappy drivers and all works fine so far.

everything that I used worked fine except for my creative X-fi drivers working properly (and I got some sluggishness, which could have been attributed to the sound drivers also....or could have been anything else)

But i installed MANY programs and they all seemed to work fine. in many cases I downloaded the vista versions....but I didn't have a problem using any program I wanted.

I can't get nero to install, even the trial version from their website that is supposed to work on vista.

I used the xp/2000 drivers for my konica minolta magicolor 2400 printer since they didn't have a vista driver and it's working fine.

also, windows movie maker always crashes when I try to add avi files. gonna try ulead video studio 10 instead

I hate to think that I need to reinstall vista already... the nero installer just disappears from my screen part way through the install, not even generating an error popup.

Back