• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5W DH Sound Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scornduffer

Can I how do I hook up my Logitech 5.1 530 to get 5.1 sound? Can I get 5.1 sound with onboard sound? I know that you hook them up by selecting the right input but when I select 5.1 sound nothing comes out? When I choose 8 channels I can hear sound from all my speakers.

Thanks

Your Logitechs should hook up just like my Z5500's on my P5W DH. This is how I have mine hooked up:

Set to 6 CH Speaker in Audio I/O
Center/Subwoofer hooked to the Orange connector on the back panel.
Front Speakers hooked to the Green connector on the back panel.
Side Speakers hooked up to the Gray connector on the back panel.

Questions 5.1

muddocktor said:
Your Logitechs should hook up just like my Z5500's on my P5W DH. This is how I have mine hooked up:

Set to 6 CH Speaker in Audio I/O
Center/Subwoofer hooked to the Orange connector on the back panel.
Front Speakers hooked to the Green connector on the back panel.
Side Speakers hooked up to the Gray connector on the back panel.

I have them hooked up like that but I cannot get 5.1 sound. I can get sound form all of my speakers only if I select 8 speakers. Is 5.1 only if you have a dolby receiver? The ASUS Realtek sound manager is where you set the 5.1 sound and when I do that I have no sound.

It's probably a problem with your settings. I never had problems with Asus onboard sound so I dunno :/

I'm like kayson in that I didn't have problems getting the speakers up and running either. But like him, I think there must be some settings wrong somewhere. I wish I could help you out more. :shrug:

Back