• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why is my ram only stable when oc'd?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drinkyoghurt

hey guys

i wanted to put my computer back to stocks, easy said easy done i put everthing to default, all started up well and stuff, ran orthos for cpu, no problems. did the same for the ram, encountered problems after 34 seconds. when i had my cpu overclocked i put the ram to ddr333 with 2.7v and it was really stable at 2.5-4-4-8. now it aint even stable at 3-4-4-8 :S

anybody know what the problem might be?

Drinkyoghurt said:
hey guys

i wanted to put my computer back to stocks, easy said easy done i put everthing to default, all started up well and stuff, ran orthos for cpu, no problems. did the same for the ram, encountered problems after 34 seconds. when i had my cpu overclocked i put the ram to ddr333 with 2.7v and it was really stable at 2.5-4-4-8. now it aint even stable at 3-4-4-8 :S

anybody know what the problem might be?

Start checking them individually single channel at default with Memtest86. If they pass then run SuperPi 32 mb and Orthos again...........been there. :confused:

Back