• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get software to run on Vista, try Compatibility Mode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deanzo

Benchmarking Senior Member
Hi guys,
Some of you may well be aware of this but I wasnt until I couldnt find sound drivers for a socket A motherboard and I came across this.

In the case of the sound drivers I downloaded the ones for XP right clicked on the .exe, select Properties, click on the compatibility tab (funny that:beer: ) and then select "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and then last of all apply and ok, Then install drivers, worked like a charm :)

Another one Ive came across HD Tach will install on vista 64, but when you go to run it, it say only for win xp or 2000, just like above click on the .exe, select Properties, click on the compatibility tab and then select "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" apply and ok, Program now runs just fine.

Any how I hope this helps someone :)

I've used that a lot in windows xp it worked some of the time but now always, also if you need the drivers from a .exe file you can unzip it and you won't have to run the .exe at all.

Back