• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH and 4x1gb memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

custom90gt

well I've been playing around with my 4 sticks of the super talent value ram and I've ran into a snag. If I run just two sticks in either pair of slots I can hit 400mhz on the memory very easily at 1.9v. However if I throw all 4 sticks in there its not memtest stable even at 2.2v regardless of timings. Anyone have any tips for me? I've played around with the north bridge voltage and fsb voltage with no effect.

Do you have hyperpath 3 disabled? Which BIOS ver?

Not sure if there's a fix for this or not...very few run 4x1GB.

hyperpath 3 is disabled
bios is 1901

I would like to run 2x2gb but those sticks are expensive, so I figured I'd try the 4x1gb.

Since the asus p5wdh does not have advance timming for ram like other motherboard, it is very rare to achieve high FSB with 4gb

My limit my p5wdh w/ e6600 + 4gb G.skill "HZ" ram was 3.5ghz...I cant get orthos stable at 3.6 for some reason.

UglyChild said:
You will always get better overclock with 2 sticks of ram instead of 4. Its an old proven fact.

well I know that, its just with my old amd system i could run the ram at 2t and it didn't really hamper the overclock. This one runs at 2t all the time, so I was hoping to run at 1:1.

Back