• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some Cheap DDR 500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your best bet is probably the Classifieds, since most there have been pre-tested to determine their limit, and they're cheap.
Unfortunately, DDR-500 modules aren't inexpensive nowadays. I see the Redlines have come down in price, though.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what to say. I'm sure there are some IC lists for DDR modules. Anyone have a link?

You guys remember the TCCD and BH5 days? ;)

EDIT: Ouch, the $30 rebate for the Redlines just went away. :(

Last edited:
Ive been doing a lot of searches for this one the egg/ncix ect *using some of my friend sin the states as proxy cause the egg are a bunch of...anyway* and seems like a good set of dd500 is gonna run $200 more or less. you might try to find some UCCC samsung value ram. that stuff apparently ocs REALLY well and they are liek $75/peice.
if your willing to fiddle with it, there are a lot of cheap $139-$160 2gb kits of 3200 on the egg. Im tempted to try that a-data stuff, since my opty doesnt wanna do 1-1 at all =\

says out of stock.. i was able to get 2 1gb stick of ddr500 crucial ballistix on the egg bout 3 months ago for 179... was out of stock like 2 days later lol.

your best bet is ebay for some good ddr500, go for some ballistix sets with the nice heat spreaders, you will love them !

3-3-3-7 at only DDR400.... not a good sign man... those sticks will probably hit a wall around 220-230 Mhz... However, they're rated at only 2.6v, so once you pump some volts through it, you *might* be ok... But I'm still leary of the CAS of 3 at only DDR400... usually thats a tale tale sign of some lower end chips being used... My crucial ballistix tracers will do 290Mhz 1:1 @ 1T with 3v... Sooooo close to 300Mhz @1T... its prefectly fine at 2T, but a ~1100 Mb/s loss in bandwidth isn't worth it to me...300HTT is no problem for my board- my cpu does 300x10 24/7 without batting an eyelash. Now if I could just get 10 more Mhz out of my RAM!!!

Back