• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista Hard Drive problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Codename_Delta

Ok, Lets start off that I just installed Vista last night, Business Edition.

I have two hard drives in my system, a 40gb and a 250gb. Vista is installed on the 40gb drive and that HD is reading correctly. I have 4 partitions on my 250gb HD, two 100GB partitions, one 20GB and one 15GB. The problem is with Vista reading that one of my 100GB and my 20GB partitions are only 1GB, yet when I add up the free space on the 20GB HD, I still have 3GB left, which I know is right. The 100GB partition should have about 15GB of free space.

Below are screenshots to help you understand.

I first went into "My Computer" and this is how it reads:
Computer.jpg

Then I went into Computer Management and click on the partitions that are reading incorrectly to find that within Computer management it is reading correctly:
CM.jpg

Okay, so whats the problem?

The problem lies in the fact that because "My Computer" is not reading space correctly, it is not allowing me to add large files. The Computer management console is right as I have added up space in folders on both drives and it comes out to the above amounts. If anyone can help, it would mean alot.

Well upon further examination I found that somehow quota management was set for those 2 drives, problem is now fixed.:bang head

Back