• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AW9D-Max Cooling...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ssetre

Not sure where to put this thread so I figured I'll put it where most of the Abit users are.

I've got cooling for the north and south bridge from a now defunct P5N-E SLI. But I was wondering how do I cool the Fets under the third and final heatsink on this board.

Fets: ???
NB: HR-05 with SilenX 60X38mm fan
SB: Zalman NBF-47 or Iceberq 4

Ssetre said:
Not sure where to put this thread so I figured I'll put it where most of the Abit users are.

I've got cooling for the north and south bridge from a now defunct P5N-E SLI. But I was wondering how do I cool the Fets under the third and final heatsink on this board.

Fets: ???
NB: HR-05 with SilenX 60X38mm fan
SB: Zalman NBF-47 or Iceberq 4

not sure if it will work..but you COULD leave the heatsink thats on it and remove the heatpipe out of it....just an idea but im sure it would work.....

Looks like from the pic's I can find, I'll lift the northbridge heatpipe and remove it from the system. I'll just leave the stock south and fet cooler in tact.

Remove the heat load from the fets due to the NB and the SB/Fet temps should both go down signifigantly.

Here is the one on the mosfets sorry about the quaility taken with my phone.
Picture%2856%29.jpg

Vento1 said:
Hi Richie the fans are actually 40mm and are made by Sunon they give out 18dba which is very quiet.

Vento,

That's the information I needed. I'll poke around the internet and see if I can find some. Yeah, 18dba is like a whisper, perfect for my application. Thank you.

This link below has them. Also have them available with 3-pin connector. I'll go with the 3 pin version. The Abit mobo's have so many fan inputs for additional fans, it'll be perfect. They seem to be in the 34dba range, but I can always adjust the voltage from within uGuru to quiet it down.

http://www.eagletechcomputers.com/40mmfans.html

Hey thanx Vento1, you are one lifesaver. I just ordered a P5B Deluxe for my E6300 (it's in a Asrock 775DUAL-VSTA now :( ) I got some Crucial Ballistic PC6400 to put in it and I'm going to try and clock the hell out of it. I have always had downward blowing HSF's and I'm going to give my TT 120 another try I've got a ZM-NB47J passive cooler for the NB and now that I read your post I can also cool the Fets under the third and final heatsink on this board. Just out of curiosity what do you think of the Enzotech Ultra-X Silent CPU Cooler :confused: (looks kind of like a TT BT, they are, IMO, fantastic air coolers)

Edit: Oops, I meant a AW9D-MAX

Last edited:
Richie 34dba is quiet i dont think you will need to slow them down unless your sleeping next to your rig.
Glad to of helped jws2346, i read a review on that cooler not long ago i think it was on frostytech.com its a good cooler should have no problem cooling an e6300.

Back