• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any board that can get 1333 680 chip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiritedandy

Premium Member
Hi all
Is there a board out there that can do 1333 and more with Quad core QX6700

from what ive read no

I have EVGA 680 that is a no no (they have recalled mobo's to fix it )

looking at

Abit IN9 32X-MAX WiFi nForce 680 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2

Asus Striker Extreme nForce 680 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2

BFG nForce 680 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

remember only Quad core

Andy :)

I saw a review on another site that was testing with the quad core and it showed the Abit board to be doing what you are asking. Matter of fact, I purchased one yesterday online and I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival so I can test it myself. I would list the website, but I think I'll get in trouble for that. Google the abit board for reviews and you will see it. I hope this helps.:santa:

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS:)

Tnx for reply i took a chance with the Asus striker and glad i did just hit 350Mhz 1400mhz quad :)

tell us how you get on with yours :)

I have the IN9 right now, abit is being very slow on fixing the bios, only have 1 official bios release that you have to get from the .tw site, usa does not have it listed yet. I am starting to look into replacing the mobo.
With the QX6700 the IN9 has multiplier bugs, it will only clock up two cores, using cpuz 1.33 you can see the separate core frequencies.

I set my muti to 12X and only core 1 and 4 clocked to 12X while core 2 and 3 stayed at 10X, so using multi unlocked only affect half of your cpu.

Back