• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vista removal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

set321go

Registered
hello

i found some other threads that told me i had to u btedit.exe (something like that) from my vista installation cd. open cd to correct drive and try to open it and it says its an invalid win32 system file (not sure exactly what it says not at home at mo). tried running it from console gives same error.

XP still boots and vista has gone but still stuck with the boot loader and i want to get rid of it? i could do recovery console but would b less hassle t fix it from windows

Never seen anything that lets you do it via XP. Will probably be less time to just use the recovery console.

Give VistaBootPRO 3.1 Beta a try...

http://www.pro-networks.org/vistabootpro/

Once it's installed, run the program and click on the "Bootloader" button | Select "Uninstall the Vista boot loader" in the RH pane | Click the "Configure It" button | Click OK when asked to uninstall the boot loader | Click OK on the next pop up, and you should now be able to boot directly into XP.

Back