• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will Tuniq Tower 120 fit Gigabyte DQ6?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

samair

Newbi here. Upgrading from two year old Asus p5ad2 w p4 to Gigabyte DQ6 3.3 and Intel e6600. Studied cpu coolers and decided on Tuniq Tower 120 and have it ordered. The more I read it appears it may not fit this board, problems concerning the cooling plate on the backside of the board. Will it fit and what do I need to know in order to use this cooler. I hate to RMA. And I need a quiet cooler for moderate overclock. I have googled this to death and tons of conflicting information. Need to hear from someone who has done it.

Thanks

Whew ...That is a relief, thanks. If that is all thare is to is I have to wonder why some make such a big deal about the Gigabyte plate. I am ready to drill, buy screws whatever if that is all there is to it. My cooler will not arrive until thursday. I will post again with my experience. Thanks again.

Mounted the Tuniq Tower 120 with little trouble. the screws were long enough if you mash down to compress the springs slightly while starting the screw. The thickness of the Gigabyte crazy cool plate and the tuniq mounting bracked caused some interference with the motherboard mounting tray which I solved by shimming with a washer under the standoffs on opposite side of board from the IO panel. This raised the board just enough to relieve the interference with out causing anything to be too out of line. The video card went in OK. I really like the Tuniq. It is very quiet, much quyieter than my zallman 9500, and there is plenty of room all around to see and work on the DQ6. Might be a different situation in a smaller case. Glad I learned about it before I went and bought the zallman 9700.

Anandtech's latest review of DQ6 is not 965P version

Anandtech's latest review is a 680i chip version of this board. 680i wasn't for me. As for their earlier review last fall a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then. The 3.3 965P version of this board is awsome. It has not done a single strange thing. No reboots, or other unexplained sins of the past boards. I thought there was a problem with it booting to a raid volume with Vista but found out I was installing Vista wrong. It is somewhat different than XP in that it places an image on the drive instead of simply copying files, into which you install the raid drivers (xp's F6).

Back