• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with my ASUS P5N-E SLI Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elnicoya88

Registered
Hi There,

Bought this board over the weekend and everytime I set FSB (UNLINKED) over 1066 the board will not boot. Is this some time of setting issue?

My Sytems SPecs:

Asus P5N-E SLI
OCZ PC800
PCI-e 6200 Turbo
Antec 500w power supply
Raid 0 (Two Maxtor Hd's)
E4300 Retail

Thanks in advance!!!

Hello elnicoya88

I just got my P5N-E SLI up and running a few days ago, but with an E6300 instead of your E4300. And right now it is running stable with the fsb set to 1950 QDR in bios and the ram set at 920 (914 actual shown in bios) and set to unlinked. What were you trying to set it to when you were having problems? I've read that this chipset/board can be picky about certain fsb speeds. Maybe try going straight to 1200 QDR (actual 300 fsb). That will only have you clocked to 2400 Mhz which your processor should be able to do with no problems with stock vcore and hsf. And if you are worried about running that speed, then simply set an 8 or 7 multiplier in bios under the CPU configuration options.

A couple of things I have noticed about this mobo here for you to think about. I took off the northbridge heatsink off and lapped it because it wasn't very level and even on the bottom surface and reinstalled it with some AS Ceramique. I also added a heatsink of the southbridge since there were holes in the mobo around the sb to help cool that chip too. I also added a 40 mm fan on the nb heatsink to help keep the temps in check since these Nvidia chipsets seem to run hotter than the Intel chipsets for C2D.

Hi Muddocktor,

Thanks for your assistance...any particular memory setting I should change while I increase the fsb...or should I leave it on auto?

Again, thanks for your assistance!

I took mine off Auto and used a set speed, in case the ram was speeding up as I raised the fsb speed up even though I have the fsb/mem speed unlinked. You might try dialing in a set memory speed and see how it goes..

Back