• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AW9D-Max & SATA1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Richie13

Hi folks,

I don't know if a post like this belongs here, but I thought since we are all into these great ABIT mobo's, I thought you might like to see how well this mobo plays with my Raptor high speed hard drive. Just in case some of you are not aware of the hard drive speed utilities, as I was not, you may find "HDTach" a great utility to test your HD access times very interesting. I know I did, when I ran HDTach on my other computer, which runs Windows XP Pro and compared it to my new system. You can view my hard drive stats below from a post I made on another thread.

http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=4953158&postcount=9

Deanzo...I have to look into that. I haven't been into RAID in years. Man those are crazy numbers. I'll need to read that thread a few times over to fully understand it and see if it's something I can do. Thanks for the speed lesson...::smiles:::

If you do go down this road, here are the bios setting you will need.

Vista does have the raid drivers on the disc, but I still went for the most up to date ones I could find.

Deanzo,

I'm going to look into this further and try and determine the pros/cons about doing it. I've never set up a RAID configuration before, so I want to learn as much as I can before attempting it. Thanks for all the great information and please post when you move forward on the Matrix Raid.

Richie

Back