• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

**********EVGA 680I users be for warned ********

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sizerkozak

Registered
EVGA will NOT honor my RMA as they said i modified the board by spraying conformal coating on it.

If you use a spray, or dielectric grease this will void the warranty...

I don’t really care about the board as it SUCKED with my qx6700 anyways

But they didn’t even has the decency to tell me about the rma progress,
i had to call them 9 times and send a total of 5 email requests before they told me.

BAD BAD customer service

This wil be my last EVGA product

Wait you expected to have your warranty covered when you coated it? I understand the reasoning but I dont understand how you thought that any company would cover their board when you covered their board in dielectric grease (ok figure that previous sentence out!). I would be suprised if ASUS or Intel or Gigabyte etc covered their boards with that result.

sizerkozak said:
EVGA will NOT honor my RMA as they said i modified the board by spraying conformal coating on it.

If you use a spray, or dielectric grease this will void the warranty...

I don’t really care about the board as it SUCKED with my qx6700 anyways

But they didn’t even has the decency to tell me about the rma progress,
i had to call them 9 times and send a total of 5 email requests before they told me.

BAD BAD customer service

This wil be my last EVGA product

How did you think it wasn't going to void your warranty?

mobo companies have been saying this for ages - hell, dfi always take the sockets off of their boards when they arrive for rma so they can check for grease... they all look for reasons not to take the rma - whether youve done something or not.
Spraying your mobo was always gonna void the warranty, fair play to evga imo.

You aren't going to find any motherboard manufacturer that will cover the thing if you do something like grease it up. When you do something like extreme cooling you have to understand that you are totally voiding your warranty on pretty much every component.

There's nothing wrong with eVGA, in fact from what I hear, they have pretty good service.

Its the lack of customer service...they said at one point the rma board was shipped even...lack of email responses..ive yet to have one email answered,,,,

i dont care that the warrenty is void...i sprayed it...my fault...

Back