• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU datadase no longer maintained?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overload

Is the CPU Database no longer maintained? This has always been a valuable resource in my opinion. i have not build an oc machine in about 2 year. The first thing i always did when looking at a new system to oc is consult the database. i have been thinking about upgrading and went over there to see that nothing has been updated since 2005!!!

What gives?

I think it got to the point where people were just submitting BS OCs so much that it wasn't worth maintaining. Check out the cpu-z validation database. I'm not sure if its even set up so you can browse OCs, but its worth a look.

I think that Ed and Company just don't care to do much to their front page stuff any more. More flashy junk ads and the same old dull look.:rolleyes: I gave up on that cpu database a couple of years ago.:shrug:

muddocktor said:
I think that Ed and Company just don't care to do much to their front page stuff any more. More flashy junk ads and the same old dull look.:rolleyes: I gave up on that cpu database a couple of years ago.:shrug:

Last I heard was the CPU database was Skip's baby. So Ed and Company didn't update it that was for Skip todo.

muddocktor said:

Agreed...I can't stand the frontpage...the articles are outstanding, but the look is disgusting...and everything is dated. You can't even search the articles, there's no database for it.

Wicked Klown said:
Last I heard was the CPU database was Skip's baby. So Ed and Company didn't update it that was for Skip todo.

I say we bring it back. there are numerous threads for overclocking results and questions about what components/models overclock best. that is exactly the thing the database was created for. that is what this comunity is (was) all about. the members volunteer their experiences and knowlege i an effort to benefit others. this can be done in the forums on an idividual basis but it is difficult to find unbiased info from individuals. the raw data contributed from everyone isnt biased and is invaluable. unless as kayson said they lie and put in BS. i think there are better means of verifying data now. how esle can we compare superpi, 3dmark, etc. comparing results and hardware is what drives overclockers. or am i wrong?

I'm down to revamp everything and make it useful again. I'd be glad to help in any way I can.

Front page needs a major overhaul. I'm sure we have people in the forums that could help. Hell have a contest...

I was just wondering the same thing about the database the other day. I was trying to see average overclocks for the 920 series and found out they aren't even listed! It's a shame I've used that thing for a while for info.

I haven't been to the front page in a very long time. It was helpful 3 years ago when I did my first complete build. I love to see it redone as well.

The contest seems like a good idea, but this whole subject has been brought up before, and nothing was done. The front page has looked like it has ever since i've been here (couple years only though). I think its high time for a MUCH needed make over of the front page...

I almost need beer goggles to even look at it...

The front page doesn't bother me.
In a way it is kinda nice to see something that is stable on the internet.

Overload said:
Is the CPU Database no longer maintained? This has always been a valuable resource in my opinion. i have not build an oc machine in about 2 year. The first thing i always did when looking at a new system to oc is consult the database. i have been thinking about upgrading and went over there to see that nothing has been updated since 2005!!!

What gives?

Last Overhaul is when I did a bunch of research for Skip.
Also was just when 939's came out and all the cpu's were changing on a , less than weekly basis.

Also, no one was using it and entering updated information, so, yes, all our members are also at fault. One person can only do so much.
We ALL dropped the ball on this.

Seems the Fourms became the new database, use the Search function, and you'll see a ton more of information that has been compiled, more current, but is also out of date (now).

Garbage in, garbage out, and then becomes useless to us all.
Which is where it is at now, to a certain extent.

:mad:

There is a front page overhaul in the process. I cannot predict a launch date, but it will be here before you know it.

Hah, i couldnt agree more JCW112. my thoughts exactly.

and for us to USE and INPUT information into the OC table, the new CPU's have to be added to it.

Back