• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5w dh wifi usb pinout

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
with the header looking like this from your perspective:

ooooo
oooo

it's (starting from top left to bottom right)

VCC, - Data, +Data, Ground, unused
VCC, - Data, +Data, Ground

~ Gos

Goshawk said:
with the header looking like this from your perspective:

ooooo
oooo

it's (starting from top left to bottom right)

VCC, - Data, +Data, Ground, unused
VCC, - Data, +Data, Ground

~ Gos

the problem is the usb header the wifi card uses isnt a standard one. it is like this

oooooo
oooo-o

so far i have figured from top left to bottom right

5v , - data, + data, gnd , ?, ?, 3.3v (says on card)

?, - data, +data, ?, no pin, ? (says PME on card).

I am trying to figure out what the pinout is so i can use the wireless card on another computer.

i have hooked it up this way and it still doesnt work it doesnt even power on. i have jacked a 3.3v line from the psu, although i have not connected to different sets of data pins up i have only used one.

EDIT... sorry fogot some pins

Last edited:
MUAHAHHAHAHA SHE WORKS... all it took was a digital multi meter to see where the power needs to go to... if any one wants to know heres the layout as if you were looking at the socket side of the P5w with the back pannel to the left (the normal way you would look at it as if it were in a standard ATX case, one in which the mother baord is not inverted and you open the left side pannel to view the mother board...) (the "0"s represten the pins on the board, and the "-" is the pin that is not there, i have labeled the pins with numbers to make it easier to explain)

PIN.JPG

1--- 5v vcc
2--- no connection
3--- no connection
4--- ground
5--- 3.3v
6--- 3.3v
7--- 5v vcc
8--- data -
9--- data +
10-- ground
11-- no pin
12-- 3.3v

(i take no responsibility in skreing ones computer up) but this works perfecty fine for me, as i am typing on the machine using the ghetto rigged wireless card.

heres the ghetto riged (for now before i finalize it by unsoldering all the stock pins and soldering up the necessary wires)

P2220030.JPG

The 4 wires with a plug on the end is the usb and the free red wire is the 3.3 v line

P2220031.JPG

Back