• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ram problem mystery?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reboot

I started getting blue screens about 30 min ago, I've been running my sig for about 4 months with no problems, virus scan is free, power is on a ups, and im totally out of ideas. Except that the ram has gone bad?

So far ram tests in orthos fail almost instantly. Can anyone give me some help on what to do to fix this, or what to do.

:bang head

try running ram sticks independently.

My friend had a flakey memory controller. While both of his memory modules were good and would run independently in either dimm slot, as soon as they were run together the machine would spontaneously reboot. We tried many combinations of his ram and my ram with no avail. He bought a new motherboard :p

Are you overclocked? Ive had this happen when the CPU is unstable and it will "seem" to faim mem tests. If your overclocked maybe try and back off a bit and try again to see if thats the issue.

Swap out the DIMMS in any and every possible combinations running a memory test each time. It might only be one dead dimm, or maybe they are just poorly seated (happend to me before).

Back