• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any one have info on next gen Intel motherbaord chipsets?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Was hoping some of you guys would have links and info on Intel's next gen motherboards. The current mobos (975-965-680i) do not OC well with my quad 6700. I have heard that the new DDR-3 mem will be used and hopefully quad core OC'ing as well. Links and pics would be nice to drool over. :bday:

thanks

I hear tell of other stuff leaking but its not google ready yet apparently ;)

Heres a pic of the chipset.

Attachments

• Bearlake DDR3 (Medium).jpg
    Bearlake DDR3 (Medium).jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 205
Let's just say that the current samples of P35 aren't looking too hot. :-/

But it just might be too early to tell.

eVGA has a new 680i board out that has the GTL mod to allow for high Kentsfield FSB's.

Your mobo should be fine though...just clock the memory unlinked. FSB shouldn't be a prob since you got unlocked multis.

Not too hot? Explain please. The chipset doesn't OC well? Low performance across the board?

BTW, I need a high FSB OC due to the fact that I am constantly reviewing the top memory kits. I heard about the Kentsfield friendly eVGA board a couple weeks ago and will probably get one. I wish I woulda kept my old eVGA 680i cause eVGA is swapping them out for a shipping fee for all registered eVGA 680i Kentsfield owners. Thats pretty darn good of eVGA if you ask me.

Gautam said:
Let's just say that the current samples of P35 aren't looking too hot. :-/

But it just might be too early to tell

baa.. P35 isn't even and intrest of yours. You'll be getting the first Asus X38 that ships :p

krag.. do you need to run 1:1 for your reviews or something?
Whats wrong with updividers?

Back