• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What bittorrent client under Vista?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lancelot

I have java installed and can't get Azureus to run, what other torrent clients will run under Vista?! (preferrably with NOD32 antivir)

If utorrent works, then go with that.

Even though I prefer Azureus for plugins of doom.

I use utorrent with Vista and NOD32. The only problem I had is that I had to manually assign .torrent files to utorrent by downloading a torrent file, choosing open with, then checking the box that said always use this program to open this type of file. If I didn't do this, utorrent would always ask me to to set utorrent to take .torrent files but wouldn't make the right registry setting.

Other than that, everything works perfect. Haven't had any speed or program issues, it all works.

vixro said:
I use utorrent with Vista and NOD32. The only problem I had is that I had to manually assign .torrent files to utorrent by downloading a torrent file, choosing open with, then checking the box that said always use this program to open this type of file. If I didn't do this, utorrent would always ask me to to set utorrent to take .torrent files but wouldn't make the right registry setting.

Other than that, everything works perfect. Haven't had any speed or program issues, it all works.

The same thing happened with Azureus so I thought is was a Vista-incompatible-thing; but it also happened with uTorrent. Using uTorrent now anyways...

Back