• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bye Bye EVGA Hellooo Asus Striker :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiritedandy

Premium Member
Hi all

Well not had good times just got back to sorting out rig been awhile few probs :) er evga !!!!

Bought EVGA 680 agh agh and agh again omg sata no good raid did not work !! 1333 did not know what that was !

crashed !

would not overclock past 1333 or clock to 1333 fsb as stated not matter what bios ..

aghh the noise omg the noise screech everytime you moved mouse scrol ....and as for 3d mark omg omg !!!!!!!

I had strange things hapnin (enable controlers others would go off ect)
on phone 1 hr to them im in england !!! they said it was strange and never seen it before .......aghh again .

Now all calm sent back and got asus striker raid works :)

my GFx cards did not :( mmmm 0701 bios update to erm mmm 9 something everthing ok ) :)

ran 2001se 50000 single card :)

this has took days to sort but im off work and ready to bench again :)

fingers crossed i can manage 1333 or above have not tried yet dernt :rolleyes:

:)

happy again aw bless

Last edited:
Time to update your sig, I will be interested how you get on with this board as i will be looking to make a new rig soon.

Vento1 well ill tell you tomorrow or a little later depends on if i fall asleep lol

standard fan for now :(

THAT DOG WILL GET IN ANY PIC !!!!

Attachments

• 111111.JPG
    111111.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Its looking good can even play with things ...think my evga board was erm rusty lol

is memory right ?

Attachments

• meson.GIF
    meson.GIF
    41.5 KB · Views: 148
last post and bed for me :(
wondered how low mem could get tried see above ..well did not try hard easy evga would not !

will it go above 1333 mmm answer below

cant wait till tomorrow sweet dreams finally :)

Attachments

• yes.GIF
    yes.GIF
    41.4 KB · Views: 142
Vento1 said:
Time to update your sig, I will be interested how you get on with this board as i will be looking to make a new rig soon.

Sig updated :) its exspensive they should not bundle game ghost recon and 3d mark 2006 plus antivirus with it rather it be 50 squid cheaper .however it works fine still testing and getting to know it ..

thought the passive heat sinks would get in way around the socket but seems roomy ....and there are no things to get in way its flat round socket as well :)

like the switches on side as well ...... cmos and reset bend down quick tap back in action :)

seem to like my memory OCZ 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 1000MHz/PC2-8000 Titanium Alpha VX2 CL4 2.3V .... ive read a few problems with regaurds to memory ..i would see what others are uesing

for the EVGA 8800GTX 768MB ASC3 KO Dual i did have to up bios to latest one as card did not work but all well now..

Core 2 Extreme QX6700 Quad Core works fine as well seem to be clocking with no effort what so ever ...and can reach past 1333 fsb EVGA has problem here !!! was a fight with the EVGA aghhh and i lost ...

all in all im as happy as a man named happy living in happy town eating a happy meal :)

Attachments

• best yet.GIF
    best yet.GIF
    40 KB · Views: 128
lol @ Nebulous er blue !!!!! mmmm ive changed just for u :)

well power supply is failing now :( when i run 2 cards it shuts down to the back end of 3d06 ... ran ok on evga but that had a moulex on board as well ..asus does not if anything to go by :)

no more benchies again omg .. fingers crossed tomorrow i get new one

Tagan TG1100-U95 1100W now that should do it :)

Impressive SuperPi! And just think, you could have ran 4 instances concurrently, and got the same speed... but it may have got warm with the stock cooler.

Say, your video display looks to be 256 color or lower. I bet those cards might get the full 16.7 million. :)

bobad said:
Say, your video display looks to be 256 color or lower. I bet those cards might get the full 16.7 million. :)
Hes just using GIFs for some reason.

Back