• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone recieved their free upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have 2 I'm waiting on I sent them out on December 25th & on the paper work it says to allow 4-6 weeks to recieve it after mailing it, I'm way past that now & I just got an email today saying that they've been processed & please allow 4-6 weeks & that I will be sent an email once they've been shipped & that I would be charged the $12 per DVD for shipping at that time.

HP informs me that my Vista Basic CD (ey...) will be shipping soon... ish... but has not shipped yet... and they have been saying that since January.

My university won't allow anybody to even HAVE Vista or Office 2007 until it is allowed... and then I can buy a copy. That is supposed to happen at the end of April... maybe...

So, in other words... no I have not recieved any disks and I'm not holding my breath.

microsoft never give anything for free. They wanted £35 for a upgrade from xp home.

gt24 said:
My university won't allow anybody to even HAVE Vista or Office 2007 until it is allowed... and then I can buy a copy. That is supposed to happen at the end of April... maybe...

This is the same with my University April/May till we can get Vista.

weird...upgrade info tells me to expect my Vista copies to be shipped 4-6 weeks from went they are mailed, get email 2 months later saying my orders are being processed & to allow 4-6 weeks for processing & then will be shipped & will recieve email when that happens, ok got that yesterday telling me my DVD's shipped out on Wednesday, and that email said allow 3-4 weeks for shipping.

3-4 weeks for shipping? WTF do they have some dude on a bicycle delievering these things or what?lol

I would imagine they are doing this just to cover their own butts should they run into probs & it takes longer. But come on this is freaking stupid....lol

I wonder when the first major Service Pack will for Vista? I want to try it out...but not on my main systems, I may try it on my 3rd machine but it's got an old video card in it & won't be able to take advantage of some of the eye candy in vista. :(

Back