• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I don't get M.I.T. (DS3)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blaholdings

Registered
MB: 965P-DS3 (2.0)
CPU: E4300
RAM: 2GB Super Talent PC2-6400
PSU: 500W Seasonic S12

Standard Air Cooling

So it has been a long time since I overclocked (Celeron 300a) and things seemed to be much simpler back then. I've been trying to refresh my memory on overclocking but I can't seem to apply anything I'm reading to this fancy-schmancy M.I.T. crap on the DS3. I don't suppose anyone has worked with this board and can translate it?

Even better, perhaps someone could give me a couple sets of settings to try which have worked for them and (should hopefully) work for me?

Thanks kindly.

:attn: Me too :attn:

Heck I've been trying to get even a mild OC on this board (v3.3) and now it's locked me into a 6x multi no matter that it shows 8x in the BIOS. CPU-Z says 1600MHz even though it's supposed to be 2133 at stock. It won't boot past stock and after several resets, it won't even let me use the 8x multi anymore even if I do the F7 load optimized settings.

Is there a good "how to" here? OCForum searches turned up no detailed settings for this board I could find.

Edit: F9 BIOS, E6400, DDR2 6400, SS Zeus 560W PS, etc.

Not to thread jack but both of us want the same thing.

Last edited:
:welcome: blaholdings

I have the DS3 running a E4300 @3.0 333x9

You have to set clock control to Expert setting

I pushed up the voltage to the CPU to 1.4v
MCH up .1v
Mem up .2v
PCIe 101mhz
mem divider at 2.0 (my memory is running at 667mhz)

Oh don't forget about the hidden features in Bios CTRL+F1

When i open the hidden features my clock goes to down ever so slight.Then restart everything back to normal.

This rig is 24/7 stable Folding.Max temps is 106F.Idle is 75~82F.
Run Orthos to stress mem and cpu to check for stability.

MassRaptor

You most likely left the memory multiplier set to AUTO. That means it probably auto detected 3.33x (667 / 200 = 3.33). That means overclocking the FSB just a little was actually overclocking your RAM 3.33 times as much. Chances are, it just cant handle even a small first attempt.

Try manually setting the memory multiplier to 2x. This should let you overclock the FSB manually to up to 333 before you even start pushing the ram.

With decent air cooling I am stable up to 3.3 GHz before hitting a FSB wall.

GuitsBoy said:
You most likely left the memory multiplier set to AUTO. That means it probably auto detected 3.33x (667 / 200 = 3.33). That means overclocking the FSB just a little was actually overclocking your RAM 3.33 times as much. Chances are, it just cant handle even a small first attempt.

Try manually setting the memory multiplier to 2x. This should let you overclock the FSB manually to up to 333 before you even start pushing the ram.

With decent air cooling I am stable up to 3.3 GHz before hitting a FSB wall.

I noticed that when on auto, it was pushing the memory to 1333mhz when the board was at 333. How the hell is pushing 800mhz rated ram to 1333mhz "intelligent" Mr. Gigabyte MB Maker Person Type?

blaholdings said:
I noticed that when on auto, it was pushing the memory to 1333mhz when the board was at 333. How the hell is pushing 800mhz rated ram to 1333mhz "intelligent" Mr. Gigabyte MB Maker Person Type?

Whoops, I thought you had 667 MHz ram for a ram multiplier of 3.33. DDR-800 would be a multiplier of 4. Like you said, it would give you a ram speed of 1333 at 333 FSB.

Did you try and set it to 2.00 x yet?

Update: Using that guide linked by blaholdings, I now have my E6400 rev L2 Allendale Gigabyte DS3 rig OCed to 3GHz. It wouldn't hold at 3.2GHz and reset the CPU Host Frequency from manual 400MHz to Auto. So I backed off to 375MHz FSB for now.

I have the CPU voltage set to 1.45v as suggested in that article but I don't like it that high. I'll try to back it down and hold the core speed to 3GHz.

BTW I figured out why it seems to run the multiplier at 6x even when you set it for 8x. It's just the CPU throttling back to its lowest multiplier. Load it up and it goes back up to the max.

Edit: Now it's holding @1.35vcore.

Last edited:
Its not bad...but it doesnt really leave you any room to overclock your fsb unless its at 2.0x.

man, my 3.3 rev doesnt have the dram selector to change the ram settings in the bios like that article :(

nvm..figured it out.

Last edited:
Back