• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first BSOD Vista. Anyone help diagnose?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Surfrider77

I left my PC on to go to bed and woke up with a lovely BSOD.

Ok in the event log, it lists two errors. Can anyone help decipher what this is about?

IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 24, function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 3, function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

Any help would be appreciated.

From reading around (a lot), this appears to be a kind of bios and driver problem. First of all, check your mobo's website for latest drivers, specifically for ACPI, download them, then go to device mangler and find acpi and update the drivers.

I am not too sure about the bios part though, as I have no idea what kind of options you could possibly have, so I'll say this: Disable ACPI and see what happens (take that with enough salt to redline your RDA).

I don't think you can disable and ACPI in the bios and make the settings stick without having to reinstall, IIRC I read in a mobo's menu that if I wanted to have ACPI on I'd have to turn it on before installing windows, that could have changed for Vista or was only for that board, but try reading your mobo manual before doing anything.

Back