• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions about: O&O, AVG & Kaspersky

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

videobruce

I'm trying these programs; O&O, AVG Antivirus & Kaspersky. My questions are;

O&O; There is a process that runs all the time. I tried stoipping it, but the program needs it running to work. I have no problem with it running when the program is running, but when I'm not using the program (99% of the time) why is it there? I e-mailed them, but no response yet. I tried to sert it to manual under 'services' , but the program doesn't call on that service when you open the program. Input here?

Kaspersky; This is the most invasive program I have tried to use since I stopped using Norton. It seems to take over your system. With any action, you have to wait untill it disects the action before you can see the results of your last 'click'. Wether it's opening a program or just opening up a folder. Example; Opera, it wouldn't let me load that program. I have to uncheck "Application Activity Analyzer" under 'Proactive Defense' for Opera to load.

wow ur running them at the same time? ANy of those i wouldnt reccomend especally AVG. AVG sux ***. Id go for Avast home edition. Ive had no probelms sinse ive used it for 2 years. Its free if you want any input abou that software, let me know.

I have no issues with AVG. IMO any free AV is a case of you get what you pay for, so I don't complain.

I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 6 on my server (thanks to my employer I got 2 free copies, good for a year each :) ). I've only had it installed for about a day but have already encountered a similar issue as yourself. When browsing the web there would be delays for 30 seconds loading google, so I turned my application / web real time scanning to "low". Seems rather strange as it doesn't always do it, and my server is plenty powerful enough to run it...

We're seeing issues with our managed clients and version 5 doing similar things. I'm going to shoot them an email tomorrow asking WTF.

I have the AntiVirus, not the Internet Security version (that adds 3 more features from what I saw briefly on someones laptop),
If I have that Application Activity Analyzer running under Proactive Defense, I can't start Opera.

Ok, between;
O&O, Diskeeper & Perfect Disc
and
Kaspersky, AVG, Avast & NOD32

Pros & cons??

Avst is better way to use. It has a auto detect thing where if your PC stumbled across a virus, than it will delete it instantly which AVG passes certain ones which make ur computer a hazard.

i've been using Kaspersky for about a month now. No problems. It hardly takes up any resources on my comp. The only time i notice it is when its asking if a program can access the regestery or when it blocks something.

Back