• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ECS OVERCLOCK ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EmAn

I am on a budget build and i wasnt too much into overclocking at the time now i am stuck with an ECS- P4M800-M7 I would love to know the best way to overclock it if possible I have a p4 @2.8 400mhz FSB i dont have cpu-z YET but i will ahve it soon to learn everything about it i have 2x512DDR400 and a agp8x raedon 9250 PLZ HELP

Have you any OCing options in your bios? As I recall from the last ECS mobo I purchased there was the ability to up the FSB, but the board can't handle too much.

there it says cpu Freq 300mhz which i have already done but... that reminds me my cpu is supposed to run at 2.8 ghz but when i check system on the control panel it say it only running at 2.13 WTF?!?!?! My processor is also 400mhz fsb and it will only run at 300 on the bios cpu Freq 300mhz what am i missing?

Which p4 do you have?

Looks to me like you've got a FSB of 200MHz double pumped to 400MHz. When you reduced your freq to 300MHz, you changed your FSB to 150MHz. The processor is multiplying the FSB by 14 to get the 2100MHz you're seeing.

Raise the Freq to 400 or past it to OC your system. If you cannot then the mobo will not let you.

the mobo is supposed to be able w/o ocing 800mhz fsb but even before i messed with the bios it would only run at 2.1 something once i am able to reload windows(long story) i will download cpu-z to find out allthe info about my cpu

The frequency in the bios for Intel boards will be 1/4 of the FSB frequency. So if your bus is supposed to be an 800Mhz FSB then the setting in the BIOS will be 200. Not sure if this will help at all but hopefully it will a little.

~jtjuska

Back