• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Screwed up taskbar

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Omsion

After a strange crash in Supreme Commander that auto-forced a cold-reboot of my computer, I return to find a fubared taskbar, like so:

As you can see, I have an extra, empty divider there. I can move that divider up to make the taskbar single-width, but then...

I can move that empty divider back and forth, but cannot get it to disappear, effectively limiting my taskbar space :mad:. Quite annoying. At the most, it will move to ~ quicklaunch width away from the system tray - but I want that extra 150 pixels! Plus it's an eyesore (although locking the taskbar makes it "invisible" - at least until I open a bunch of apps).

Before I go system restore myself, any ideas how to get rid of that annoying, mysterious divider?

:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head

Just right click in it and goto Toolbars .....one will be checked that says "Quick Launch" ...the other will be your culprit. Uncheck it and you should be good! :)

Nothing there, just the ordinary taskbar menu (aka nothing above the Toolbar cascaded menu).

Anyway, a system restore sorted it out, and also managed to sort out a screwed-up Office 2007 installation in the meantime, so all's good.

Back