• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ieplore.exe process loads....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zuzzz

Premium Member
Iexplore.exe process loads....SOLVED !!!!!!!!!!!

this process loads on a freshly loaded and fully updated system. I have nothing running except for DUMeter and UltraMon at startup. But this loads. and when killed reloads. Its driving me to drink. AVG is installed and updated as well. . but I jsut cant figure out why this is loading. I reformatted due to this and i jsut dont get it. LOL ok people. . PLEASE help this old man

Z
I have run hijackthis etc and found no viri or malware. . again this is a newly installed XP pro system All bios and drivers are properly installed and up to date the process eats up about 2.5 to 3.3 megs of memory. I dont know if this is normal or not.

SOLVED:: Renamed iexplore.exe rebooted when the file was rewritten by XP I made it read only. seems to have fixed it. Still dont know if it was malware but still nothing found after another scan AVG Adaware and hijackthis.

Last edited:
That is internet explorer, are you sure you spelled exactly like it says in the task manager some malware will use names that are simular to the windows uses.

Yes as it turned out the system was hosed. I reloaded XP and all is well. Still dont get what it was.

Z

Back