• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! windows xp Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Magicuser

Registered
im useing the hard ware in my signuature the 2 sataII drives are in raid 0. I put in the windows xp install discand i go thought the "copy files" phase of setup then i restart and the windows xp logo comes up the progess bar goes around 1.5 times and then the computer just restarts im useing a windows xp home disc. i tryed to get rid of the raid0 and it does the same thing. can some one help me?:confused:

Update: i Just updated the motherboard bios with ther lateest one and the windows logo coems up and the progess bar goes around 4 or 5 time and then the computer restarts.

Last edited:
Is your computer overclocked? Did this just start out of nowhere or have you changed anything lately? Try running memtest to make sure it isn't the memory, also try to boot in safe mode I had a simular problem in which I booted into safe mode and changed a driver and the problem was fixed.

mabye i should reprase the question... I just got hardware and tryed to install windows but after it is done copying files and then it restarts like normal and then when it showes the windows logo screen it restarts i have not run a memtest can you recommend on that will fit on a flash drive (my dvd drive is not reading dvd otherwise i would use my vista disc) i will post the resualts to night i dont think it is the ram because it is brand new when i got it yesterday. of course that doent mean anything. on a side note: i have anthoer problem my ide controler only sees my dvdrw drive and not myt 160 gb ide ata drive the jumpers are in the right settings i dont know if it has anything to do with windows not booting but i could i guess any help would be great.:confused:

Hi i just slow formatted with windows 2000 pro andnow iam installing windows xp home but i noticed some thing that wasent happening before the dvdrw dirve is extremtly slow when i say slow i mean is has done 11% in the last 15min and i have the hd's in a raid 0 what gives!! i think my probelam is the dvdrw drive lol ill chage it out atfter i get home from work and ill ell you if it works or not i also got a better power supply for the computer but it dint fix the trouble. can someone help me plz.:bang head

ok it is fixed kinda i installed windows xp pro b y disabling the usb ports but now when i enable them windows doesnt start!! i have to use a ps/2 keyvoard and mouse. what is the proable i can have nothing pluged in the the ports and the usb enabled and it still does the same thing.:mad:

Back