• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Im not seeing all my ram Help Please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Giblin

Ok I have an MSI 925xe Neo-54G Platinum MB. All the specs say it will take up tp 4g ram. Well for a long time I never had that much but I have finaly gotten all 4g. When I put all 4g in it says there is 2.75g of ram. Now I know not all fo the ram is shown some times but usaly its like 3.75 or 3.85 or somthing like that.

So I thought maybe I had some bad ram. I pulled all the ram out and booted with each chip in the puter by its self. All 4 chips read 1g when I boot with just that chip. That tells me that the ram is ok. I slowly started adding one more chip and booting again it sees 2g with 2 chips, but when I put the 3rd one in it gose to 2.75. The 4th chip says the same thing. I have been all over the BIOS looking for some settign I have to change, but cant find it.

Im just wondering if any one has had this problem and what I can do if anything. I have been all over the web, but have not found any help. If you know of a site that would help please post it.

i am sure you are running 32 bit windows. You should try 64 bit and see if that clears it all up. Maybe there is a 64 bit linux live disk out there that you could just try. Oh and if you have a lot stuff in your pci slots i believe that takes up even more of the addresses in 32 bit resulting in an even lower recognized ram. If you are going to use 4 gigs of memory, get 64 bit. Any questions about 64 bit windows you can pm me.

Back