• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus p5b deluxe mobo on OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kamran5461

recently, i got asus p5b deluxe with e6600 and i am tryin to oc it.
i upped the fsb from 266x9 to 333x9 to go from 2.4 to 3.0. that also increased the HTfsb from 1066 to 1333. is that a bad thing? cuz i was able to boot but didnt get a chance to run stability test.
i am planning to oc the cpu to 3.4 if i can that will also increase the HT to ... i dunno what. so i am not sure if thats a good thing. how'd I go about reducing that number? i went under the chipset menu and i see northbridge and southbridge config. but no clue what to do with it. any help would b greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance.

P.S.
c2dja3.jpg

as u can see i am already at 1333... i am goin to oc it more maybe upto 3.6 and that will shoot the fsb to 1400... ?

so u see my dilemma.

my memory is 1:1 at the moment.

Welcome to the Forum!:welcome: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=491697
No, it's not bad.. 4x333.3=1333.4
Umm, you'd want to increase that number, the more the better.
Dilemma?? No dilemma.. That's overclocking man..
It would help us to help you if you could give us the specs(hardware) on the rest of your system. Then we can give you assistance with the bios settings.

ok i just put my specs in my sig. lol

so... if u r right, then i can go higher... i might endup with 1600 if i OC my cpu upto 3.6... well i'll try it.

this is what i got and its running stable so far...
but the vcore is on "auto"
cuz i couldn't find any stable vcore for it.
ocqm1.jpg

Back