• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AB9PQGT hissing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chawks2

After going through a couple rounds of stability issues with this board, I finally was able to oc a bit.

My mild oc is creating some strange hissing noise. I noticed if I use uGuru and change the settings to "Turbo" the same hissing noise appears, does anyone know what the heck this is and how do you get rid of it?

I'm not looking for the obvious answer, switch uGuru to "Quiet" or "Normal". :rolleyes:

I may be way off but i remember reading somewhere that if the cpu vtt is set too high you get a hissing sound with uguru, check your voltages.

If the voltages are too high, what does this mean for my overclock? Right now I'm at 1.44.

Is there a way to disable the hissing noise? WTF. :confused:

Yes vtt is a voltage reading on UGURU under voltages you should see CPU CORE, DDR2, DDR2 VTT, CPU VTT in that order the CPU VTT should not go above 1.4.

A higher clock or tighter regulation with the PSU should clear up the noises.

If you still have whine at your final 24/7 clocks, I would RMA it.

Ok, CPU vtt is @ 1.21. Still not understanding what's causing the hissing.

Once I clock down the CPU the hissing disappears. This has to be some option I can disable.

"User Defined" PWM Avg Current & Peak is 10A. However, "Normal" is set to 6A. Could this be it?

Back