• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B Premium -Vista Edition -

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mgoode

Well after a AWD9 Max that crapped out at 380fsb, several 680i boards that got me to 465 FSB. I decided to try a 965 based board as I dont run two video cards anyway. I bought this version because it comes with a cool little LCD screen. I just recieved it today and ten minutes after I got it running I was able to get 4gigs running at 525 1:1. all I can say is woohoo!! I can finally run my memory at its rated speed. I havent even started tweaking this baby yet. I ran all this while installing Office 2007.

Attachments

• 2100fsb.jpg
    2100fsb.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 461
Last edited:
what's up xgman? good to see you over here too. Yea I havent even hooked it up after reading your post at XS. MatrixOrbital finally released their Vista64 drivers so I am just using my mx2 lcd for now. I fnally settled on 8x475 for 24/7 and loving it. Have you done the pencil mod on this board? I think I can get 8x500 24/7 stable with less vdroop.

Attachments

• 4ghz 8x500.jpg
    4ghz 8x500.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 403
mgoode said:
what's up xgman? good to see you over here too. Yea I havent even hooked it up after reading your post at XS. MatrixOrbital finally released their Vista64 drivers so I am just using my mx2 lcd for now. I fnally settled on 8x475 for 24/7 and loving it. Have you done the pencil mod on this board? I think I can get 8x500 24/7 stable with less vdroop.

I tried the pencil mod from the pics of the P5B dlx one and it didn't seem to do anything. I didn't measure that carefully on the vdroop, but the vdim didn't seem to work. My board is behaving pretty nicely now and I think the base board is the best P5 variety to date. If only I could figure out the appropriate vdimm mod or better yet, asus provides a bios that works with ram that won't boot at 1.8v. Have you tried bios 402?

Mgoode,
Could you tell us what voltages you have set on your MB? I have the same MB but can't get much over 450 with my E6400 set to multiplier of 6. My new Ram has been tested at 1066 just fine.
Thx,
Papafox

Sure, here are my voltage settings for 7x522 9hrs plus orthos stable:

cpu 1.47(144 actual with pencil mod)
mem 2.25
fsb term 1.40
nb 1.50
sb 1.60
ich auto

PCI-e freq 115, pci 33.3 locked, I disabled all cpu settings in the bios. I started with 6x multi and all settings on auto and worked from there. However, I am also running a watercooled x6800 chip which I can bench at 4.00ghz and I did the pencil mod on this board which helped with the Vdroop, but you should be able to get well over 450 on this board.

Attachments

• 522 othos.jpg
    522 othos.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Great that they come out with a P5B Vista version as their support fot the P5B Deluxe Wifi for vista sucks. Now I know it's bad and lose hope when they need to design a new MB to make it compatible. Guess I'm stuck with good old XP for a while. Great scores BTW. I am going to look up that pencil mod unless someone has a link handy.

Hi, what's wrong with your WiFi, it's a RTL8187 isn't it? I had one of those with my P5WDH, ran under Vista no problems..
ChrisC

Hi, all of that was working fine on my setup. I had a wifi connection to my router, ethernet to my second PC and a Raid_0 on my two hard drives...
ChrisC

Back