• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Creating a Image Disk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vondoom

I just finished a new install of XP Pro. Now that I have everything installed/tweaked the way I want it, I was wondering if there was a way to make an image of the way my system is right now so I can reformat it with ease in the future.

Right on, trying it out now...

Thanks

^^ Will this act as like a reformat disk? And will it save all my registry items and installed programs?

It makes an image - whatever you create with the image will ALL be there. I make my image after i install all my proggies and get everything set like i like to, then I make the image. So in 6 months if your system gets hosed, just put the image back on. You will be good to go - just do routine backups of documents and stuff you want to keep.

I also think I read somewhere that making an image will actually keep you from having to reactivate if you have an OS that requires it. I wonder if this will also work with Vista?

deadlysyn said:
I also think I read somewhere that making an image will actually keep you from having to reactivate if you have an OS that requires it. I wonder if this will also work with Vista?
It works with vista, tested by me :D

Back