• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista Software Compatibility Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion25

Folding in memory of my dads, Tim B. & Mike B.
I am planning on picking up Vista Ultimate (upgrade) at Costco this weekend. Will I have any problems with the following programs? I did not do a search but I browsed the first 2 pages of this section.

Norton Internet Security 2007
MS Office 2003 - not including Outlook
Outlook XP
Battlefield 2
Numerous other games (SWAT4, CIV3, COH, COD2, Fear, HL2, HL2 Episode1, etc)
ITunes
Firefox
DVD Shrink

Hardware Questions:
Any reported issues with the following Hardware?
Creative X-Fi Platinum
Logitech G7 Mouse
Logitech G15 Keyboard

Thanks in advance for any replies and I apologize if any of this has been covered before.

Deanzo said:
The only thing I wasnt to sure about was the sound driver, but looks like thats now covered.

So you should be fine.

All so have a read of this before you start.

Thanks for the lightning reply. I ran the MS Vista compatibility program and it seem as if I only need to upgrade Norton IS 2007 and ditch my old canon scanner. There were minor problems with Diskeeper reported as well but I am not really concerned with them........

Once again, thanks for the info and the links. Got the ones I need bookmarked now!

Another thing to note is the nVidia drivers are some what lacking, so your fps will drop quite a bit but with any luck that will be fixed soon.

Diskeeper pro 2007 works fine with my copy of vista 64, so Im sure it will with 32.

Here's the official Verified to work with Vista list from Microsoft.

As far as Diskeeper goes, since your buying Vista Ultimate, be forwarned that for Diskeeper to work properly, you will need to upgrade to Diskeeper 2007 Pro. The Vista compatibility with Diskeeper is at the bottom of this page.

If you have Diskeeper 9 or Diskeeper 10, you can upgrade to Diskeeper 2007 for Vista , or for your needs, upgrade to Diskeeper 2007 Pro.

I was running an earlier version of Diskeeper until I upgraded my OS to Vista Business, and accidently purchased Diskeeper 2007 home for Vista. (Wouldn't even install to Vista Business) Then I saw the error of my ways, and I called Diskeeper, they sent me a free upgrade to Diskeeper Pro Premier. They must have felt bad for me.

You can easily get by with Diskeeper 2007 Pro for Vista Ultimate, but I like the new iFAAST feature in Diskeeper 2007 Pro Premier (If you have to buy a new Diskeeper 2007 pro version, you really dont need the Pro Premier, the Pro will serve your needs.

Here's the Diskeeper for Vista upgrade page to help you out. http://www.diskeeper.com/diskeeper/home/purchase.asp

x-fi drives are still in beta for now they sucks, after 30days they stop working.

G15 Software works fine, never tried the software for the G5/G7 (im sure they are the same) but im sure it will work

Thanks all. Looks like I will be making a stop by costco either Wed or Thurs! Got my CM Stacker 832 today so I will be moving my comp soon and might as well upgrade at the same time..........

Deanzo said:
@ redrumy3, Ive got a G5 mouse, if you have tried the G5 software what does it let you do that you cant without it, under vista that is.

hey, i dont have it installed never used it on xp or vista sorry

Back