• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vista denies me access to my HD! HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slyfury

i did a clean install of windows vista ultimate 32 bit...now it wont let me access my back up partion that i had in win xp! what gives? i need all my stuff back! please help..i googled but nothing usefull came up...thanks guys:confused:

error.jpg

wow...i had to install 3 diff screen cap proggies because none would install correctly

Was it locked to your user name in XP? PS, Print Screen + Paint = No screen cap apps.

ERD Commander will clear any permissions left over by XP. Or you can try to do it manually through the permissions tab under security.

thats the weird thing...i have full control in the security tab. i have taken ownership and also gave myself permission...this is starting to freak me out! i will die if i lose all my documents...dang my taxes are tehere! help please!

FIXED:

for some weird reason it wasnt saving my security rettings...i went in safe mode gave everyone full control and boom, worked after restart...

thanks for your help livesideways!:beer:

Back